Because it wouldn’t post to twitter. Then he started talking about caviar.
thursday september 1
- "new lamborghini, new house in the hamptons, new, more aerodynamic spouse"
- "champagne was flowing" said three times in thirty seconds, really
- talked about las vegas for the whole class and mobs and bugsy siegel
tuesday august 30
- re: a typo he made on the syllabus “everyone needs an editor. hemmingway had the best editor of his day.” and then he moved on
- basketball metaphor on “college brands”?
- oberlin college (for a half hour)
- when asked how oberlin got to be so prestigious, discussed canals and the connecticut western reserve and firelands and surveying
thursday august 25
- "nobody can top our bullshit" on american media
- glaciers & ridges (cleveland street and sandy ridge used to be “beach front property” [which phrase was repeated like 6 times])
- family crests were “team uniforms” that “prevent granddad from being zapped” (in medieval brawls and such)
so’s you know what he sounds like. to enhance the experience.
tuesday august 23
- "let me tell you a story—my girlfriend, who is now dead, and i…"
- my book
- my screenplay
- bill clinton
- like ten minutes of roman emperor jokes that i’m pretty sure nobody understood
- infant mortality rates (at least fifteen minutes)
- aircraft carriers
- least favorite place in the northern hemisphere to start a war? afghanistan
- "accounting is a form of witchcraft"
- "earning ten dollars an hour at burger death"
- roll call + questions regarding name etymologies (ten minutes)
- great lakes accent
- the first twenty-four hour period of continuous electricity was on a tuesday because that’s when all the housewives did the ironing
theme by: behindtrees customized by: datsraces